- FORGOT PASSWORD PATTERN LOCK HARD RESET
FOR YOUR AT&T MOTOROLA ATRIX 2
for all the android phone you must create a gmail email and password before you can start using the android market place, or now it's changed it's name to Google Play.it's really cool feature because google will automatically backup your contacts. if you change to another android phone, you only need to sign in to with the old gmail email and password then all your contacts will automatically. Even if you change to another carrier,your contacts will still copy. basically you got yourself a auto contact backup for using android.and you can also sign in to Google.com and find your contacts there also. Edit and Delete from Google/contact and your phone will be updated too. cool feature.
down side is if you forget your gmail and password, then you are in trouble.
users get in trouble when they lock themself out and gmail email and password is the only way to override the forgot password or pattern. at this time the only solution is to hard reset the phone.
you will loose everything except what's stored on you memory card,pictures, song, videos etc
your contacts are still saved in Google's database or if you can figure out, you can keep trying will Google.com even after you wiped your device.
Anyway, here's instruction for resetting your device
- Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
- Screen will show up as Boot Mode Selection Menu, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
- Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
- Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
- Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
- After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
- Phone will reboot to initial setup screen.
- you will need to start everything over again. recreate gmail and password.( write it down this time)
download all your apps again..